Cash App blocked your account then there might be several reasons behind it. Generally, Cash App closes the account if there is any violation of terms of services, unusual activity, suspicious actions and fraudulent activity, etc. It depends on the circumstances, Cash app close the account temporarily or permanently. The users can get access back if they follow the proper procedure to open an old account.
The users must be well conversant with the fact that the Cash App lets people send or receive money instantly. Users can also enable direct deposit to receive salary checks or Government stimulus checks directly on the Cash App. However, things change drastically if you don’t follow the prescribed rules.
If there is any activity that does support the Cash App policy, the Cash App blocked or suspend the account. In that case, you will not be logged in to your Cash App account. Now, you can’t use the wallet despite having money on it.
You need to follow a specific mechanism to solve this issue. We will discuss further in this article below that what should be the course of action once the account is locked.
What are the reasons for the Cash App Account Blocked?
If you are using Cash App for online fund transfer or receiving payment then you must be aware of the terms of services. What are the main reasons behind the ‘Cash App account locked’, check the following reasons that lead to account suspension or deactivation:
- Account verification failed due to the non-availability of supportive documents.
- Using VPN to hide the location or identity
- Sharing incorrect SSN or other government ID proof.
- Indulging in any unusual or illicit activity directly or indirectly
- Repeated login attempt with incorrect user ID and password.
- Fund transfer or suspiciously receiving payments.
- Violation of Cash App terms of services.
- Receiving payment from unauthorized Cash App users.
How to unlock the cash App account if blocked?
The users can unlock the Cash app account after following the prescribed procedure. First of all, you must be aware that you need to create a new Cash App Account to get your old account back. You can follow the instructions below to get access to your locked account:
- Download the Cash App and tap on the sign-up button.
- Enter the mobile number or e-mail ID and follow the prompts.
- Provide full name, date of birth, mailing address and last four digits of the SSN.
- Link the same debit card which was linked with the locked Cash App account.
- Now, go to the Support tab and submit the query regarding your locked account.
- The support team will revert you and may ask some additional questions to verify your identity.
- You need to answer every question carefully with correct facts.
- If Cash App satisfy with your submission, your old account and a new account will merge.
- Now, you can access your locked account. Use your fund for payments or transfer the same.
How to recover a locked Cash App Account?
You can follow the steps mentioned below to recover the Cash App account:
- Run your Cash App on phone.
- Click on the Sign In link.
- Enter the mobile number or e-mail Id registered with the account.
- Now, enter the code received on the phone or e-mail.
- You need to follow the step by step prompts.
- However, if this method does not work, then you need to create a separate account and approach customer support as discussed above.
Q1: How can I unlock the Cash App account?
A: You can unlock your locked Cash App account. Contact the customer support from another Cash App account and request to activate the old account. The support team will ask you questions regarding the locked account. Submit your response correctly and unlock the account.
Q2: Can I temporarily lock my Cash App account?
A: No, there is no such option available to deactivate or temporarily lock the account. However, if you want to delete your account permanently, you can do it.
Q3: How long does it take to unlock Cash App Account?
A: Once you contact customer support regarding the opening of a locked account, it will take some time in explaining the matter. However, the support team takes at least 24 to 48 hours to unlock the account after the due process of verification.
Q4: Why did Cash App won’t unlock my account?
A: If there is anything serious violation of Cash App terms of services then Cash App deactivate your account permanently. If Cashapp won’t unlock your account, it means your account violated the prescribed rules.
Cash App monitors the activity of the users, whether it is the transfer of money or receiving payments. There is a strong security tool that keep a close watch on every transaction that took place on Cash App. Everyone should follow the prescribed terms and conditions.
Cash App may block or suspend the account temporarily or permanently based on the severity of the violation. However, Cash App gives chance to recover the account. Users can get access back as per the guidelines given above. Contact customer support to get help in this regard.